Making a wreath is one of my favourite winter DIY activities. This year I decided to think of some contemporary wreath ideas. The guys at Turtle Mat were kind enough to send me some supplies to get started. To my excitement the box contained my favourite craft tool – a hot glue gun. Combined with my other favourite craft supply; spray paint – this DIY is a winner!
Here’s the simple wreath DIY in case you would like to try! Or maybe you want to pin to your Pinterest boards for a rainy crafternoon.
2. Using a hot glue gun, fix a paper straw to the wire frame, making sure to glue the back only.
3. Continue glueing the straws onto the wreath, I cut every second straw in half to create some dimension to the wreath and left a gap at the top for adding a ribbon.
4. Once your straws are fixed (or you can do this as you go along), cut the ends of each one so they have a diagonal finish.
5. Apply light coats of the copper spray paint. Leave to dry in between coats for the best results.
6. Leave to dry for around 2 hours and finish with a ribbon or cord from which to hang it.
My blog pals H & Sammy created a gorgeous copper wreath too, so do check out their DIY here! I’ve been pinning all my favourite wreaths this week onto the board below, so do take a look if you want some festive crafting inspiration.