Last week I had the pleasure of visiting Etsy HQ for a training session to launch the Etsy Educators programme. Etsy have selected 9 sellers around the UK to pilot the programme before it is launched globally and I’m thrilled to be a part of it!
So who are the Etsy Educators and what will they do?
We are all experienced Etsy sellers who have been tasked with running a workshop in our local area to help new sellers set up their shops during the month of October. We had the freedom to design our workshops in a way that suits us and our community.
Back row: Ruth, Rose, Christina, Sarah, Nikki
Front row: Rachel, Jilly, Becky and Me
The Cambridge workshop will take the form of a day course on Saturday 14 October 2017. It will be held from 10am-4pm at The Edge Cafe, Mill Road. You can find more information and tickets here. It will be a small group so lots of opportunity for one-to-one support!
I know that not all of you who read the blog are Cambridge based, so let me take this opportunity to share with you the rest of the workshops taking place across the UK (some are online and therefore not location dependent):
- Sarah-Jane from Fragment Designs – South Wales on 7th October. Book now.
- Christina from Christina Made It – Oxfordshire on 7 October. Book now.
- Becka from Becka Griffin Illustration – Liverpool on 21 October. Book now.
- Jilly from Jilly Jilly Design – Dundee on 22 October. Book now.
- Rose from Luna Harkin Co – Leeds throughout October. Book now.
- Rachel from The Dorothy Days is hosting a webinar which you can book here.
- Nikki McWilliams is delivering online workshops here.
If you are an established seller on Etsy and you are interested in training sessions at an intermediate level, please respond via this form to express an interest in future sessions!
It was great to brainstorm and develop ideas with such an inspiring bunch of creatives who just get it! Ajeet (our Etsy support) has encouraged us all to connect with each other as much as possible so we can use it as a learning experience too.
Our attempt at an ‘oscars selfie’ makes me smile every time I look at it!
Thanks for letting me share today. And if you know anyone that might be interested in taking the leap to open an Etsy shop, please do share this post with them.