Today I’ve teamed up with the lovely guys at Cake Decorating Store to bring you a recipe. It’s been ages since I had time to bake, so I was really grateful when they sent me some products that were new to me, to share with you here on the blog.
These candy melts are so easy to use and perfect if you’re not up for making your own icing. You can use them for cake pops and lollipops too and they just need melting in the microwave before using.
The flower blossom shaped cutters were perfect to make some spring biscuits and I had a lot of fun decorating with sprinkles and flower candies.
Here’s the recipe for these decorated vanilla sugar cookies (makes 16):
- 100g softened unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 225g plain flour
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius or 160 degrees for fan. Line a tray with parchment paper.
2) Beat the butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and slowly add the egg with one tablespoon of flour. Add remaining flour and beat again until the mixture forms a dough.
3) Bring the mixture together with your hands and wrap in parchment paper. Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
4) Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is 0.5cm thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out your flower shapes and bake on the tray for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden.
5) Cool the biscuits on a wire wrack and decorate using the candy melts or ready to roll icing.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe today and please do check out the Cake Decorating Store if you enjoy baking. They have so many products on offer I could spend all day browsing!