IT’S FRIDAY! And that means cake day right? If you fancy doing a little bit of baking this weekend, why not try this recipe for some yummy Rhubarb and Ginger muffins?
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 100g Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 60ml Sunflower Oil
- 120ml Skimmed Milk
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 medium Rhubarb stalks
1) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (180 fan assisted).
2) Cut the rhubarb stalks into small pieces and place in a saucepan over a medium heat with 1 tbsp water and a tsp of the sugar. Stir occasionally until rhubarb has softened. Remove from heat.
3) Place all the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix well until combined. I used a hand mixer.
4) Add the stewed rhubarb and mix well. Using the hand mixer will break the rhubarb pieces up so use a wooden spoon if you prefer chunky pieces.
5) Divide the mixture into 12 muffin cases, sprinkle with light brown sugar and bake for 12-15 minutes.
6) Make a cup of tea and SCOFF!
You can find all my other recipes here. Let me know if you try any of them!