I have inadvertently made this week a crochet week on the blog! First it was my Crochet Pumpkin Coffee Sleeve and then my Crochet Flowers Bicycle Basket……today it’s the turn of the Crochet Puff Stitch Flower.
Inspired by this Vanessa Bruno tank (as tweeted by the guys at Kollabora!), I have made a crochet flower which is similar to the tank and can be made multiple times to stitch together. It would also make a super cute pin if you attached a brooch to the back.
I am definitely not a pro at writing crochet patterns, so I have just noted the steps I took to make the flower (in UK terms). A US version of the pattern can be found on my Kollabora profile here.
I used a white bamboo cotton yarn in DK weight and a 4mm hook (I prefer the Clover Amour crochet hooks).
Let’s get started with the DIY crochet flower!
- make a magic loop
- 8 puff st into the loop with a ch after each puff st
- pull the starting cord of the magic loop tight to close the circle
- ss into the first ch to join
- dc in each ch around the circle
- ss to the beginning ch to join
- ch 8, ss into the next dc to form a petal
- ss across to the next dc
- repeat the above two steps until you have petals all around the flower
Once complete flatten out!
I would love to know if you try this DIY so do share by sending me a tweet or comment below!