We took our summer holidays late this year (due to work commitments) and chose to revisit Cyprus as we always enjoy our time there.
A week in the sun was just what G and I needed. Here are a few snaps and thoughts on our trip.
Our home for the week…the flowers were incredible and the smell hit you as you walked around the resort.
I tried scuba diving in a swimming pool because I am a massive wimp in the sea.
A trip into the mountains…..with some stunning views.
I took some crafts with me and made progress on my crochet jumper from Simply Crochet issue 9.
And I had to get some traditional lace which is “made by old ladies in the mountains” as the seller informed me. If I had more luggage allowance, I would have packed my case full of linens and embroidery, it was so pretty.
I am relaxed and full of energy, let’s hope it lasts.
Things I learned from this holiday:
- Sea sickness is horrendous, even if you do see Dolphins
- It’s a small world – seeing a friend from Cambridge City WI was brilliant
- All you can eat Cypriot food is dangerously amazing
- Scuba diving is much less frightening in a swimming pool
- Aqua aerobics is a whole lot of fun
- Migraine meds help me sleep through turbulence on a plane
- Crochet creates a talking point and you never know who you will meet (Canadian upcycling hippie who told us tales of her life)
- A Shirley Temple is my new favourite virgin cocktail
- Cats are amazing in any country
- I love Baklava
- BIG BLACK SNAKES ARE SCARY