Christmas Wrapping Ideas

Firstly apologies for sharing my second Christmas post in November. I know this will irritate some, but I like to get started on organising Christmas early, especially my favourite part – Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas!

This year, G and I are spending our Christmas abroad for the first time, but will still be with family and we are even trying snowboarding (expect a post about broken limbs in January!). However, it means we are hosting what my sister and I have dubbed ‘Fake Christmas’ in early December to spend time with those we wont see. We are ice skating with the kids, eating bubble and squeak and probably playing games and pulling crackers.

So my Christmas present shopping is about two thirds complete and I am planning my wrapping ideas. I love the brown paper and ribbon look with handmade tags. Here are some of last year’s gifts. I enjoy the wrapping more than the shopping – a nice quiet evening watching a festive movie surrounded by paper! Bliss!

Christmas Wrapping claireabellemakes

Last year I made pot pourri with cinnamon sticks, dried orange slices (in the oven on a low heat) and pine cones. These were wrapped in cellophane and tied with a gingham ribbon. I changed my table runner to a red one for the festive season and filled my fruit bowl to the brim with it for a Christmassy scent.

Christmas Wrapping claireabellemakes

Whilst browsing for wrapping ideas on Pinterest this weekend, I found these awesome ideas. Wrapping presents like a parcel is too cute!

Source: lolalina

Using photos of family members instead of name tags is a really novel idea.

Source: Our Suburban Farm

Take the sleeve of an old sweater to wrap a small box – cosy!

Source: Boxwood Clippings

How adorable is this reindeer washcloth?!

Source: Bumble Bee’s Craft Den

How do you wrap your gifts?

claireabelle

I am sharing this post over at Handmade Monday. Do come and check out what people have been making!

Sew Chatty

This entry was posted in Craft & Handmade and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Christmas Wrapping Ideas

1. CatkinJane says:

I too am a fan of the brown paper wrapping with ribbons and really love the process of making parcels look lovely.
    That sweater sleeve wrap looks fab, unfortunately any old sweater I used would most likely be saggy and bobbled!!
    Thanks for sharing some great ideas :)

2. LucyLovesYa says:

I love the parcel idea. It’s great fun wrapping pressies. Due to the volume of gifts nowadays (having kids) I don’t have as much time nowadays to wrap like I used to.. But it’s nice to do a selection really carefully.
    Enjoy your Christmas holiday – would love to hear about the snowboarding! X

3. RedCandy says:

i love the parcel and picture presses! So cool.

4. Love the postage/parcel idea…might have to steal that one! :)

5. say it says:

I love the brown paper wrapping. Such a simple idea, but they look really good. I’m always tempted by fancy Christmas wrapping paper, but I might a more stylish look this year. Not bought the presents yet though…!

6. I always start off with good intentions but they don’t last! Must try harder this year :)

7. Wendy says:

I have a bit of a thing for prettying up brown paper and I *LOVE* the parcel pressie idea! It’s stylish, fun and hints at retro too. Gorgeous idea!

8. Simmi says:

Hey Claire, I love the photos of family members for the tags – I might try that next year (already running out of time this year!) Lovely to see you over at Handmade Monday :-) Simmi x

9. Alison says:

I think using the arm of an old sweater is a great idea. It would be great for a bottle of wine. And the reindeer washcloth is lovely for children. Thanks for sharing.
    Ali x

10. Erica says:

I don’t think there is anything wrong with looking forward to Christmas. Although, some stores around here had Christmas decorations for sale in October… now that may be a bit excessive… lol!

Such lovely wrapping ideas, that sweater wrap is so lovely. I’ve also seen wrapping done with scarves before. The scarf can be a gift too and it is not as wasteful as paper wrap. Also, I love the idea of giving handmade pot pourri. :)

• I think Harrods and Selfridges (big Department stores in London) open their Christmas Departments in AUGUST!! Madness. A scarf for gift wrapping sounds really pretty and great if you can use that as part of the gift too!

11. Some lovely ideas here. I always start with grand ideas on how I’m going to wrap my pressies but end up leaving it to the last minute to buy them and the wrapping goes out the window!

12. Hannah says:

Hee love the little rudolph one, I am rubbish at wrapping I have to say, no patience with it. I do like to start with it all early though, save getting stressed at the last minute. Enjoy your ‘fake Christmas’! Sounds lovely :)

13. Some lovely ideas here – making me panic slightly that I’ve hardly done any shopping, let alone wrapping yet though! Last year I made stars and christmas trees out of wire and beads on to go with the tags on a few presents. :)

14. soyofthenorth says:

Hope you enjoy your snowboarding. Great ideas on wrapping gifts. My family has been wrapping gifts the same way for quite a while now.

When the printing factory my Grandad worked at closed, he was given several huge rolls of Christmas wrapping paper that had been made there. He passed these out around the family to use. Almost 25 years later, we still haven’t used it all :-D

15. Lesley says:

Such cute ideas!!!

16. Chloé says:

I feel I need a gift now! Good job!xoxox

17. Handbags by Helen says:

Love the photo idea

18. I really like the parcel pressies too! I also like the brown paper theme. The photos looked good too. …now all I need to do is start my Christmas shopping!
    Wendy

19. Christine says:

I’ve been thinking of wrapping my gifts like parcels. I’m just waiting to see what the washi tape that I ordered looks like :)

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality!

20. lesley says:

what lovely wrapping ideas! Love the reindeer one too and I adore the rustic look. we have a fake christmas on the 1st with family we don’t see. Think Nov is perfect to start thinking and making Christmas… x

21. These are fantastic crafty and original ideas. I love the parcels with the photographs attached especially. Good work.

22. I always try to a wrap with brown paper – even for the kids. I am loving the photo gift tag idea! Stealing that :) I have to say though I haven’t even started!!
    GLx

23. ilovemyddung says:

I love wrapping presents and those ideas are all great!!
    Thanks for sharing =)